The Physiological Chemistry is looking for a Tenure Track Professor of Nanomaterials for Drug Delivery
Identification number: LS-PHYCHE-2021-001141
Application time: 08/26/2021
We are looking for an excellent researcher with a high potential for developing an internationally recognized research agenda in the field of nanomaterials for drug delivery. The successful candidate is expected to conduct research and teaching in the field of physiological chemistry. Research should focus on the development of nanomaterials as carriers for therapeutics. The new position will complement the research activities of the Otto-Loewi Research Center and lead to further advancements of drug delivery in the fields of vascular biology, immunology and inflammation. The initial appointment is limited to six years. After the conclusion of a qualification agreement, the career advancement goal is to transfer to a tenured position as an associate professor (tenure track professor pursuant to § 99 para. 5 and 6 of the Universities Act). If the candidate demonstrates outstanding and remarkable achievements, the qualification agreement may be fulfilled more quickly.
Core duties and responsibilities:
- Conducting cutting-edge basic and translational research in the field of nanomaterials for drug delivery
- Acquiring competitive third-party and industry-related funding and taking the lead in such research projects
- Establishing and supervising an international multidisciplinary research group for the development of nanocarriers for therapeutics and/or functional nanocarriers for the immobilization of biomolecules
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, supervising diploma and PhD students, and mentoring and promoting young researchers
- Establishing and maintaining networks through local, national, and international research collaborations
- Writing and publishing high-quality scientific papers
- Giving lectures and seminars, attending conferences, hosting visitors, as well as organizing conferences in the field
- Supporting scientific and public outreach in his/her research area (public lectures, media, etc.)
Successful candidates must have the following qualifications:
- PhD or equivalent doctoral degree in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacy, or a related discipline
- Extensive research expertise in developing nanomaterials for the optimized delivery of therapeutics
- Proven track record of high-impact publications and acquisition of third-party funding for the development of nanocarriers for drug delivery
- Experience in supervising a working group
- Previous experience in teaching and/or in (co)supervising doctoral students and/or training of postdoctoral fellows (depending on the applicant’s career stage)
- High level of proficiency in both written and spoken English (proficiency level C1)
The ideal candidate has the following profile:
- Postdoctoral research fellowship abroad or at a different institution than where the PhD was completed
- Willingness to cooperate, open-mindedness and ability to work in a team
- Systematic and analytical mindset, excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding level of motivation
- Sufficient level of proficiency in both written and spoken German or strong willingness to acquire such proficiency
Entry date: 01 November 2021
limited to 6 years
Level of employment: 100%
Classification in employment group A2 according to the collective agreement for university employees.
Application: The Medical University of Graz invites all applicants to submit their application online by August 26, 2021.
Statutory information: The minimum remuneration is based on the collective agreement for university employees (KV § 49.2). A higher salary for this position is contingent upon qualifications and may be negotiated with the rector.
Scheduled date for job interviews: September 30, 2021 at the Medical University of Graz
The Medical University of Graz is committed to increasing the proportion of women in leading positions at universities in Austria and encourages qualified women to apply. Among applicants with equal qualifications, female applicants will be given priority. We also welcome applications from qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage them to apply.
Download JOB DESCRIPTION