The event offers a great opportunity for scientists, researchers, and experts active in the field of surfaces and coatings science and technologies (Polymer, material and paint chemists, surface and interface scientists, formulators, designers and policy makers) from both academia and industry to present their newest research discoveries, share insights and exchange the latest ideas.
The conference provides an excellent opportunity for scientists from Europe and from all over the world to meet and discuss the latest advances in surfaces and coatings physics and chemistry, surface engineering/ modification, coatings deposition and functionalisation processes as well as the investigated properties and performances in related innovation fields such as heterogeneous catalysis, two-dimensional materials and graphene, bio-interfaces, nanoelectronics, bio-nanoscience, functional/energy materials, etc.
The conference topics include:
- Surface treatments and coatings deposition and functionalization processes
- Cold and Thermal spraying (PVD, CVD, …), thermochemical, Electro- and electroless plating
- Wet chemical and electrochemical processes such as plating, sol-gel coating, anodization,
- Surfaces and coatings modelling and characterization
- Interface and interaction science, adhesion and Adhesives
- Surface nanoengineering, nano-coatings and Ultra-Thin Films
- Graphene and carbon-based coatings/films
- Multi-functional, composite/ hybrid, graded and multilayers coatings
- Hydro-, ice- and oleophobic/philic surfaces
- Smart surfaces and coatings, Self-healing, self-cleaning, … surfaces
- Tribological coatings: friction performance, wear resistance (e.g., abrasion, erosion, fretting, etc)
- Corrosion and oxidation resistance, Thermal protection and diffusion resistance
- Surface engineering/ coatings in sustainable energy, conversion, optical, electric, photovoltaic and magnetic applications
- Biointerfaces, Biomedical/ Bioactive surfaces and coatings
In addition to the conference main sessions, the following symposia will run in parallel:
- Symposium on Multifunctional composite and hybrid coatings.
- Symposium on tribological coatings, wear and corrosion protection.
- Symposium on Surface nanoengineering, nanocoatings and Ultra-Thin Films.
- Symposium on Corrosion and anti-corrosive coatings.
- Symposium on Interface and interaction science, adhesion and Adhesives.
- Symposium on Biointerfaces and Bioactive coatings.
- Symposium on Thin Films and Coatings for Energy Applications.
- Symposium on Graphene and 2D materials-based coatings.