The Joint Research Centre is opening the ELSA Reaction Wall to academia and research organisations, industry and SMEs.
We invite cross-boundary proposals for projects to experiment, prototype and demonstrate ideas on the New European Bauhaus.
The call for proposals is open until 16 January 2022. You can find more information in the link https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/research-facility/open-access/relevance-driven/2021-1-rd-elsa-reactionwall.
Priority topics may address, but are not limited to:
- safe and green renovation of buildings
- nanomaterials in buildings and construction (projects under this topic will use both the ELSA Reaction Wall and the JRC Nanobiotechnology Laboratory)
- design and retrofit for resilience
- safety of built infrastructure against multiple hazards, including climate change
- new materials and technologies
- sustainable construction
- application of advanced testing methods.
Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to contact JRC-OPEN-ELSA@ec.europa.eu for clarifying matters concerning the technical capabilities of the facility, feasibility, cost, time schedule, etc.